Sabbatical Blog

...chronicling some of my projects and learnings during this time apart from parish ministry

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Podcasting

The Iministry group has just had it's first triumph; a couple of sermon CD's have been converted to sound files and posted on our website! If you go to WWW.uuabq.org, and click on sermons, you'll find a little icon for audio files. If you click on the link, you can hear the sermon (and in the case of the Sr. Lawrensa sermon, the abundant laughter of the congregation) through your computer. Step one of their very ambitious plans has been accomplished! Now...if you want to help with this project, give Dan Small a holler!

I don't often listen to recordings of myself preaching, and it was sobering to listen to these two sermons. I need to take the advice I give to nearly everyone who speaks from that pulpit and SLOW DOWN!